Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
INNOVATIVE COSTUME OF THE 21st CENTURY: THE NEXT GENERATION
12 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What is the scope of the exhibition?
As of October 15, 2017 we have 55 nations and 85 curators at work. This exciting international exhibition will include renderings, photographs, videos and 3D costumes featuring innovative ideas, materials and use of technology.
2. What is the deadline for submissions?
February 1, 2018
3. Who can submit designs?
You may submit if you are a costume designer, fashion designer, installation artist, costume performer or costume maker. Genres may include, but are not limited to: theatre, dance, ballet, opera, film, television, fashion, devised work, installation work.
4. How do you define “Emerging?”
There is no age limit but you must have begun your career after 2000.
5. What if I live in one country but design in others or have dual citizenship? Which country should I identify on the submission form?
We leave this choice up to you. You will also have a place to acknowledge the theatres and countries where you have worked.
6. I am a National Curator. May I submit my own work?
If you started your costume design career after 2000, yes, you may submit your work as an independent designer. You must recuse yourself from voting on your own work during curation.
7. What is the curation process and schedule?
NOTE: All curations will be blind curations. Not until Curation Part III will your full information be made available to the curators.
CURATION PART I: September 30, 2017- February 1, 2018. Emerging designers submit work to the IC:NG Submission Website.
NATIONAL CURATION PERIOD: February 1 - April 1, 2018. A team of curators from your nation choose the designs they wish to advance to Curation Part II.
CURATION PART II: April 15 - August 1, 2018. Artistic Director and Chief Curator curation round. Roussanoff and Tsu choose the designs they wish to advance to Curation Part III.
CURATION PART III: September 1- December 31, 2018. Bakhrushin Museum Curation Round. Bakhrushin Museum Curators perform final curation. Digital or print designations determined. 3D Costumes determined.
NOTIFICATION: January 1- February 1, 2019. Chosen designers notified of their selection.
3D COSTUME SHIPPING: by May 1, 2019. Those chosen will be given shipping details under separate cover. Return date depends on subsequent tours.
INSTALLATION AT STATE HISTORICAL MUSEUM, MOSCOW: May 29-June 3, 2019.
JUNE 4, 2019 PRE PRAGUE QUADRENNIAL SOFT OPENING
JUNE 18, 2019 POST PRAGUE QUADRENNIAL WORLD PREMIERE
JUNE 4- AUGUST 31, 2019 INAUGURAL EXHIBITION RUN
8. When will I hear if I have been selected to the exhibition or not?
January 1- February 1, 2019
9. If I am accepted, is there funding for shipping my designs/costumes or my travel?
Designers must seek funds independently within their countries.
10. Where may I see a list of the curators from my nation?
Please refer to the list under the "National Curators" tab on this site.
11. Will I be responsible for printing any 2D images that are chosen to be exhibited in Moscow?
No. If selected for the exhibition, the Bakhrushin team will take care of all image printing and mounting.
12. I would like to enter work as a part of an artist collective, are teams of artists able to submit work?
Yes. You may enter work as a part of a team of artists. We suggest selecting a member of your team to serve as the representative who will complete the submission form(s) on behalf of the artistic team. If entering as an artistic team, be sure to tell us the name of the team under "Affiliation", and tell us the names of all team members in "Production Credits" on the submission form.
For additional questions:
- Direct all submission questions to your national/regional curator.
- Direct all technical questions to Julianne D’Errico: email@example.com
- Direct questions your National/regional curators cannot answer to Susan Tsu or Igor Roussanoff: firstname.lastname@example.org